The Development Committee drives initiatives to raise funds from the community to provide adequate resources for the school to fulfill its mission, as detailed in the school’s strategic plan.
- Work with the school’s Development Director to create a realistic annual fundraising plan to ensure short- and long-term sustainability and success.
- Lead activities to meet these goals and work closely with administration to engage the Board in regular and effective fundraising activities for the school.
- Create a compelling case for support that is implemented through all external communications.
- Raise awareness for the school through developing relationships, cultivating new donors, and fostering and enhancing the school’s public image.
- Clearly articulate the organization’s mission, accomplishments and goals, as well as garner support from important members of the community, including constituents and the media.
The Finance Committee provides financial oversight of the school while overseeing the operating budget to protect the resources of the school by reviewing monthly financial statements and variance from budget and recommend actions.
- Hold the school staff accountable.
- Develop and approve a balanced budget, providing current information regarding funding, entitlements, and ADA reporting.
- Ensure the necessary policies are in place to prevent fraud, waste, and misappropriation.
- Review the school’s internal controls.
In conducting this work, the Board should use the strategic plan goals as a guide.
The Governance Committee assesses governance structures and makes recommendations to the Board regarding re-election of officers and creation or elimination of committees.
- Assess and make recommendations on Board composition and size, ensuring that ethnic, cultural, geographic, racial, and gender diversity are manifested in Board membership.
- Search for, recruit, interview, and nominate potential Directors.
- Conduct and review evaluations and assessments concerning the effectiveness of the Board, Board President, Committees, Committee Chairs, and individual Directors.
- Periodically perform long-range assessment of the Board’s needs and requirements.
- Develop and implement governance-related policies and procedures.
- Provide new member orientation.
- Assess the training needs of the Board.
- Oversee and plan for Board training and leadership development.
- Conduct a review of the bylaws on an annual basis.
- Maintain a list of current Directors’ terms and keep a list of potential Directors.
The Diversity Committee evaluates and engages the school, Board, and community in various diversity efforts.
- Ensure diversity goals in the strategic plan are accomplished.
- Identify any gaps that exist to effectively integrate thoughtful plans for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Identify what metrics will be used to measure success.
- Ensure all key constituent groups are engaged in effective diversity, inclusion, and equity plans (parents, teachers, Board members, administration).
District Performance Committee
The District Performance Committee meets to perform an in-depth review of the data related to how the school is achieving the key metrics identified in the strategic plan. Data the committee reviews includes (but is not limited to):
Student/ teacher retention
Culture data (through surveys)
Academic test scores
Data is reviewed on a regular basis and broken down by subgroups to ensure the board has an understanding of the overall success of the school and how the school is addressing the challenges highlighted by the data.