We hope the information you find here will assist you and us with providing your child the safest ride possible to and from school.
Bus Service & Eligibility
To be eligible for bus transportation, families must live two or more miles from the campus their child attends.
Bus routes start at 6:45 a.m. If you have children attending several campuses, please pay attention to the signage on the side of the bus to ensure your children get on the correct bus.
A new school year is an adjustment for everyone. Our bus drivers have new routes and stops to learn. They also need to review safety protocols with students. Please allow for additional time for pick up and drop off. We ask that you wait until after 8:00 a.m. before calling to notify us that your child has not been picked up. This year elementary students will continue to receive home stops, however middle and high school students will be moved to corner stops. This adjustment will help us provide the best service to our parents. We appreciate your patience as we transition to a new bus service.
To avoid delays, it is important to have your child ready to get on the bus at least 5 minutes prior to their scheduled pick-up time.
For children attending the Oak or Cherry campus, a parent or guardian should be home by 3:45 p.m. to receive your child. For children attending the Armour campus, a parent or guardian should be home by 3:30 p.m.
The bus driver is required to observe your child entering the home.
IF THE BUS DRIVER IS UNABLE TO DELIVER YOUR CHILD, THE CHILD WILL BE RETURNED TO THE SCHOOL. REPEATED OFFENSES CAN RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF TRANSPORTATION.
Safe Bus Behavior
Parents can help make the bus riding experience even safer by reviewing appropriate bus behavior with their child.
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
- No loud talking.
- No horseplay.
- Riders are to remain seated and wear seat belts at all times.
- Students will keep hands, arms, and heads inside the bus at all times.
- If a child has to cross the street at their pick-up or drop-off, they should always walk at least 10 feet in front of the bus so the driver is able to see the child.
- The child should stop and look both ways to make sure oncoming traffic has stopped before crossing. The bus driver generally attempts to pick up and drop off on the passenger door side and in front of the child’s home.
- Neither drivers nor students are allowed to use cell phones or electronic devices on the bus.
- All riders need to remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- If a child causes damage to the bus, the parents can be held liable for repairs.
- No glass objects or live animals are allowed.
Children are expected to respect the driver. Fighting and other bad behavior can result in immediate suspension from the bus. For all incidents of misconduct, the parent/guardian must sign and return the “misconduct notice” to the driver before the child can return to the bus.
Transportation Changes or Concerns
If you wish to make a permanent change in your child’s transportation plan, please contact the office of the campus your child attends and complete a transportation form or fill out the form on this page and email it back. The form can be picked up at any campus.
Armour – 816-361-7735
Cherry – 816-888-7400
Oak – 816-361-7735
Any concerns regarding transportation should be directed to 816-254-5262. Compliments are always appreciated as well.
Thank you for your support in ensuring our school buses are welcoming and trusted places where students feel comfortable and secure.
To add, change, or drop bus transportation, please email or return the completed form to your campus building manager (Armour: firstname.lastname@example.org, Cherry: email@example.com, Oak: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cherry & Oak Dispatch Information
First Student Dispatch
Armour Dispatch Information
1. Please submit your transportation change form to building manager JJ Harper (email@example.com) by noon on Wednesday in order for those changes to take place the following Monday. Forms submitted on Thursday or Friday will take effect the week after next.
2. Students who don’t ride for 5 consecutive school days will be removed from the bus route. If your student has been removed, please fill out a transportation change form in order to reinstate bus service.